Saturday, April 17, 2010

Caramel Fudge Pecan Cups

This is my favorite sweet. I make them every year for the holidays and give them away as gifts. They always get a great response. I first created this recipe as a pie, but it was too rich, so I decided to make it into bite sized pieces.


Caramel Fudge Pecan Cups

1 1/2 cups Butter
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Corn Syrup

1/4 cup + 4 Tablespoons Whipping Cream
6 cups Pecan Halves
4 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate (chopped)

5 Boxes Athens Mini Phyllo Shells (box of 15 shells)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine Butter, Brown Sugar and Corn Syrup in heavy medium saucepan.
Bring to boil, stirring often. Boil 1 minute.

Stir in Whipping Cream , Chocolate and Nuts.
Boil until mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.

Remove from heat.
Spoon mixture into Phyllo cups

Tip - To minimize the mess,  I spoon the mixture into the phyllo cups while the cups are still in the plastic tray, then transfer to a cookie sheet. 

Bake until filling bubbles all over, about 10 minutes.

Makes 75 / 6 dozen

1 comment:

  1. I was the lucky recipient of these delicious goodies one Christmas. I can attest that they are YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete