Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chicken Piccata

This is one of my signature dishes. In fact, I only ever make it for special occasions. It was usually the first meal I would make for someone I was dating, although they had to be special. I used to joke with my friends about whether the guy was “Chicken Piccata” worthy or not.

Chicken Piccata

4 Chicken breasts – If they are large I use only two and split in half

1/3 c Flour
1 ½ t Garlic Powder
½ t White Pepper
½ t Salt

6T Butter
6T Olive Oil

1c Dry White Wine (I prefer a dry Chardonnay)
3-4T Capers
2T Lemon Juice

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Pound Chicken Breasts to ¼ inch thick.
Tip – Best to place chicken between plastic wrap when pounding, this will prevent it from splitting.

Mix Flour, Garlic Powder, White Pepper and Salt in a shallow bowl or plate
Dredge Chicken Breasts in flour mixture

In an oven safe pan, heat oil and butter
Brown chicken breasts about 2 minutes per side
Remove chicken from pan

Add Wine, Capers and Lemon Juice to pan with remaining Butter and Oil
Bring to Boil

Add brown chicken back in pan and place in oven

Tip: If you do not have an oven safe sauté pan, use sauté pan and then place chicken in shallow baking pan and pour the sauce over the chicken.

Cook in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Serve over buttered noodles or rice.

Serves 4


No comments:

Post a Comment